- We added a routine to convert colors from Game Boy Color to Super Famicom / Super Nintendo colorspace. This allows us to colorize screens easily and to reuse existing palette data. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- We then proceeded to colorize the status screen to demonstrate the automatic palette conversion.
- We lose the background color of the windows since the original game assigns it to color 0, which is shared across all palettes. It's either white windows or yellow everything.
- We could fix this in a future patch, but it would require sweeping changes to multiple subsystems.
- We added a bold font and control codes to allow us to bold text. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- This will allow translators to format key items to stand out in dialogue.
- We extracted, translated, and injected the credits text.
- We also fixed a bug which caused credits text to render incorrectly with proportional fonts. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- Embarassingly, this credits text has been translated since at least 2012 but wasn't transferred or injected into the ROM when I moved the project to the current build system.
- If you want to cheat your way into the credits to see this for yourself, open BGB's debugger and breakpoint $F:4041. Then, walk around and talk to people until the breakpoint trips. (Taka-P's house is useful for this.) Then, set $0:CD08 to 6A and resume execution to see the credits roll. (andwhyisit found this out, too)
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
- We fixed a fatal crash bug that prevented original Game Boy and Super Game Boy players from starting the game.
The updates to our policies will go into effect on June 15th, 2018. We totally didn't miss a day or anything. You can download the latest Power version policy here and the latest Speed version policy here.