After working on Telefang for ten years, the senior translating team, which consists of three people, Kimbles, DaVince, and obskyr, had, as we always do, three weeks of intense work that never actually ended. This is not the fault of our management or their ridiculous schedules. Across the whole company, we have some senior people who work very hard purely because they're passionate about a project. Projects like the Telefang beta release, which you can get in Power or Speed versions.
- Menus have been reorganized and touched up. (Thanks, obskyr!)
- Colors now display correctly on the title menu in SGB mode.
- The sound menu also works, but returning to the main menu screws things up.
- Negative status afflictions now display the correct article. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- Evolution-related screens now display numbers correctly. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- This also includes the "MAX" experience indicator, which screwed up the above indicators even more.
- Translation text has been
updated and revisedaugmented. (Thanks, obskyr!)
- Fusion is now called "augmentation", with Fusion evolution changing name to "Bionic evolution". Items and phone calls dependent on this nomenclature have been adjusted accordingly.
- The phrasing of some other phone calls has been adjusted.
- Key items now use bold text. (Also thanks to andwhyisit for making bold text possible!)
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
- Location names displayed after traveling to a new area no longer cause the main script text to display in narrow font.
- SMS scroll performance has improved. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- In certain situations, junk would display at the start of messages initiated by routines that did not correctly initialize the text machinery. We added protections against this happening. (Thanks, andwhyisit!)
- Font spacing has been adjusted slightly. (Thanks, obskyr!)
But that additional effort is a choice, and we don't openly ask or expect anyone to work anything like this. Poor working conditions are not a habitual and chronic game industry problem. Lots of other senior people are overworked in an entirely different way and are just as productive--I'm just pathologically addicted to work! No one, senior or junior, is ever forced to work hard - they just get fired if they don't.